Council Highlights 1/2/24
At council’s reorganization meeting:
• 1 new (Colleen Hoover) and 2 returning (Morgan Swank and Matt Grantz) council members were sworn into office.
• Marcia Cole was appointed President of Council
• Matt Grantz was appointed Vice President of Council
• Joanne Gibson was appointed President Pro Tem
• Various other appointments were made, including to the positions of secretary/treasurer, solicitor, borough engineer, and assistant secretary.
• Motions were passed authorizing employee salaries, participation in the state salt contract, and various employee policies.
• A motion was passed setting council meetings for the second Wednesday of each month at 7:00pm. Please note there will not be a meeting on the second Wednesday of January.
Note: A reorganization meeting is required following every council election and most of the business discussed above was standard business needed to be carried out at that meeting.
At council’s regular meeting following the reorganization:
• Discussed damages and repairs to the borough building.
• Discussed the Semper Gratus event being held in town on 3/23
• Discussed the arrival of the Easter Bunny, tentatively scheduled for 3/30/23. More details on this to follow in the future.
• Heard various updates related to committee reports.
News and Announcements from West Leechburg Borough.