The Easter bunny is returning to West Leechburg this year on April 8th, 2023!
Children can have pictures taken with the Easter Bunny, participate in a small coloring activity, and receive Easter treats from 12pm to 2pm in the park!
In the event of significant rain, the event will be held in the borough building.
Following Easter in the Park, the Bunny will travel around the borough by fire truck following the end of the event.
Due to rising costs the borough will not be able to provide a clean up day this year. This is not an action council wanted to take or takes lightly, but it is the most financially responsible decision at this time.
We are announcing this as early as possible so residents are not left waiting for a clean up day that won't come.
For residents who need to get rid of large items or other types of garbage, we have created a page on the borough website with a variety of available options. This includes calling Bankosh Sanitation, our current garbage contractor, to arrange for the pick up of large items.
Council Highlights 3/8/23
• Discussed the start of a project to improve handicapped parking at the park/borough building. This will be paid for by CDBG grant funds.
• Awarded bids for the 2023 street sealing project.
• Discussed code enforcement issues.
• Discussed possible participation in police regionalization study.
• Discussed possible participation in a blight study by the county.
• Discussed the date for the annual Easter egg hunt- more to follow on this!
Council Agenda for March 8, 2023 is below.
News and Announcements from West Leechburg Borough.